- Health Concerns
- Easy Healthy Recipes
- Mobility Exercises
You are here
Sweet Potato Hummus Recipe
Posted by Dr. Ben Kim on Jan 20, 2015
2 sweet potatoes
Juice of 1 lemon or lime
1/4 cup tahini
2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped or minced
Sea salt & pepper to taste
1. Bake sweet potatoes with their skins on at 425 degrees F for approximately 1 hour. They are ready when you can stick a fork through their flesh without much resistance. If they're still firm after an hour, continue to bake and check every fifteen minutes.
2. Let sweet potatoes cool, which allows their skins to easily slide off. Give the cooked sweet potato flesh a quick mash, then transfer to a food processor.
3. Add chopped or minced garlic plus the juice of one lemon or lime.
4. Add tahini.
5. Blend thoroughly, then add sea salt and pepper to taste. If you like a little heat, add a pinch or two of cayenne powder.
6. Serve with your choice of vegetables, pita bread, or crackers. Sweet potato hummus also makes for a nice salad topper or a side dish to baked tilapia.
Please Rate This