- Health Concerns
- Easy Healthy Recipes
- Mobility Exercises
You are here
Creamy Cauliflower Sauce over Zucchini Recipe
Posted by Dr. Ben Kim on Feb 04, 2015
This creamy cauliflower sauce is very hearty and filling but doesn't leave you feeling heavy. It can be served as a main dish, or on the side of your dinner entrée. Feel free to substitute the zucchini with any vegetables that call out to you. Cauliflower sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
6 cups of water
1 head cauliflower
1 teaspoon sea salt (more to taste)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
1 tablespoon chopped sage
8 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
1. Add 6 cups of water to a large pot, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Roughly chop cauliflower into even chunks, and place into boiling water. Boil cauliflower for 12-15 minutes, or until soft. It is better for the cauliflower to be too soft than too hard.
3. Remove cauliflower from pot with a slotted spoon, and add it to a food processor or blender. Be sure to keep the boiled water, as you may need it to modify sauce consistency.
4. While cauliflower cools slightly, roughly chop garlic.
5. Place one tablespoon of oil and chopped garlic in a large pan on medium heat.
6. Saute garlic until it is lightly browned and aromatic - no more than 5 minutes, as garlic has a bitter taste when burned.
7. Using a slotted spoon, remove the garlic and add it to the cauliflower in your food processor or blender. Set pan aside - you will use it again.
8. Add coconut milk, salt, pepper and sage to the food processor or blender. Blend the mixture thoroughly. If mixture is thicker than you'd like, add one tablespoon of the boiled water, blend, taste, and continue to adjust with boiled water and seasonings as desired.
9. After the sauce is ready, chop your zucchini, or use a spiralizer to transform into zucchini noodles.
10. Add one tablespoon of oil to pan, and sauté zucchini on medium heat until soft. Stir constantly to ensure even coating of oil and even cooking.
11. Remove zucchini from heat, top with cauliflower sauce, and serve. Enjoy this lovely, nutrient-dense dish.
To view a pictorial of this recipe, please go here:
Please Rate This