- Health Concerns
- Easy Healthy Recipes
- Mobility Exercises
You are here
Kim Chi Fried Rice Recipe
Posted by Dr. Ben Kim on Oct 27, 2016
4 cups cooked calrose rice (2 cups uncooked calrose rice, 2 cups water)
1.5 to 2 cups of kim chi
1 medium to large yellow onion, sliced
1-2 green onions, thinly chopped
1 tablespoon go choo jang (fermented red chili paste)
1 tablespoon minced garlic (optional)
1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
Roasted sesame seeds (optional)
1. Begin sautéing your yellow onion slices in olive oil over medium heat in a large pan.
2. Add a cup and a half to two cups of kim chi to your onions - no need to allow the onions to cook on their own for any length of time. The onions and kim chi can sauté together.
3. Stir and let cook for a good three to five minutes or until the onions start to become translucent. Then add your green onions.
4. If you have some minced garlic on hand, you can add a good teaspoon at this point.
Next comes your cooked rice - about three to four cups.
5. Then a tablespoon of go choo jang, a thick, fermented chili paste that's unique to Korean cuisine. I suppose you can use any variety of chili sauce as a substitute, but if possible, I highly recommend that you use go choo jang for its unique, hearty flavor - it's readily available at every Korean market in the world, and also through Amazon.com here:
6. If you have some sesame oil on hand, add a good teaspoon at this point and give everything a really good mix. You want your go choo jang to get evenly distributed throughout.
7. Garnish with a sprinkle of roasted sesame seeds if you have some on hand, then serve it up steaming hot and enjoy the magic of kim chi fried rice. :)
To view a pictorial of this recipe, please go here:
Please Rate This