- Health Concerns
- Easy Healthy Recipes
- Mobility Exercises
You are here
Immune-Strengthening Mushroom Soup Recipe
Posted by Dr. Ben Kim on Dec 03, 2015
Extra-virgin olive oil
2 medium to large yellow onions, finely chopped
200 grams of crimini or white button mushrooms, roughly chopped
200 grams of fresh oyster mushrooms, roughly chopped
200 grams of fresh king oyster mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
8 cups of your favourite broth
1. Heat about 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add finely chopped onions and sauté until slightly golden, about 5 minutes.
2. Add all mushrooms and thyme; sauté until mushrooms begin to brown, about 7-9 minutes.
3. Add homemade broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. If you enjoy creamy soups, use a handheld blender to blend until desired consistency is reached. If you don't have a handheld blender, scoop out a portion of your soup with mushrooms into a blender, blend there, and return to the pot.
5. Season with sea salt, ladle into bowl, garnish with your favourite green herbs, and enjoy this immune-strengthening mushroom soup.
For a pictorial of this recipe, please go here:
Please Rate This