- Health Concerns
- Easy Healthy Recipes
- Mobility Exercises
You are here
Raw Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
Posted by Dr. Ben Kim on Jun 12, 2008
If you're doing your body good by avoiding pasteurized dairy products but you miss eating cheesecake, give this delicious dairy-free, all-raw, blueberry cheesecake recipe a try.
The "cheese" in this cheesecake is made with raw, organic cashews, and the crust is made with a combination of macadamia nuts, dates, and dried coconut. The recipe requires some work, but it's definitely worth the effort!
2 cups raw macadamia nuts
1/2 cup dates, pitted
1/4 cup dried coconut
One-pound bag frozen blueberries
1/2 cup dates, pitted
1. To make the crust for this raw blueberry cheesecake, blend macadamia nuts and dates together in a food processor. Spread dried coconut over the bottom of a pie plate. Press macadamia and date crust onto the coconut; the coconut adds flavor to the crust and prevents it from sticking.
2. To make the cheese, blend cashews lemon juice, honey, liquid coconut oil, sea salt, and about a 1/2 cup of water until all ingredients come together into a smooth, cheese-like consistency.
3. With the help of a spatula, pour cheese mixture into the pie plate, onto the crust. After the entire cheese mixture is in the pie plate, give the plate a few gentle taps on the kitchen counter to remove air bubbles.
4. Place the pie in the freezer until it is frozen. Remove the cheesecake (including the crust) while it's frozen, and transfer it to a serving plate. Allow it to defrost in the refrigerator.
5. To make the blueberry sauce, process thawed blueberries and dates (along with blueberry juice from the package) in a food processor until well blended. Pour the blueberry sauce over the cheesecake right before serving.
Enjoy this decadent, all-raw blueberry cheesecake.
Please note: Because this blueberry cheesecake is rich in macadamia and cashew nuts, I recommend eating only a single serving per day. Eating too many nuts on a regular basis can be stressful to your digestive organs.
To view a pictorial of this recipe, please click here: How to Make Dairy-Free Blueberry Cheesecake
Please Rate This