- Natural Health Shop
- Mobility Exercises
- Health Concerns
- Easy Healthy Recipes
You are here
Warm Roasted Red Beet Salad Recipe
Posted by Dr. Ben Kim on Feb 10, 2015
Here is nutrient-rich salad that is lovely during cold winter months. The quantities listed below make 2 large or 4 small salads.
Half a pound (8 ounces) of fresh spinach, washed and ready to eat
3 medium or 4 small red beets, peeled
1 cup whole pecans
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of raw honey or real maple syrup
4 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
2. Roast peeled red beets for one hour, with each beet individually wrapped in aluminum foil. Once the beets are tender, remove from the oven, unwrap the foil, and let beets sit until they have cooled enough to handle. But don't let the beets get cold, as you want to serve them warm.
3. While beets are losing steam, toast pecans over medium heat in a pan until they are lightly browned. This takes about 5 minutes. Be sure to toss as pecans are toasting.
4. In a small bowl, whisk raw honey or maple syrup with Dijon mustard until uniform.
5. Place spinach and thinly sliced red onion circles (or half circles) in a large salad bowl. Drizzle in dressing and give the greens and onions a good toss for an even coat.
6. Slice roasted red beets into bite-size pieces.
7. Distribute greens and onions on serving plates or bowls. Add sliced red beets, then scatter on roasted pecans.
Enjoy this lovely roasted red beet with greens and pecans salad.
This recipe was inspired by a similar recipe by vegan chef Isa Chandra Moskowitz.
For a pictorial of this recipe, please go here:
Please Rate This