- Natural Health Shop
- Mobility Exercises
- Health Concerns
- Easy Healthy Recipes
You are here
Artichokes and Tomato Sauce Recipe
Posted by Dr. Ben Kim on Feb 16, 2017
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 package of sliced mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
1.5 cups of artichoke hearts from a jar, drained
2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
1.5 teaspoons of sea salt
1 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper
3/4 cup of broth or white wine
1 pint container of grape tomatoes, each grape tomato sliced in half.
1. Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Stir in chopped onion and cook until translucent.
2. Add mushrooms, artichoke hearts, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir until the mushrooms have cooked down.
3. Stir in broth or white wine. Allow broth or wine to simmer and reduce by half, about 10 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and continue stirring and cooking for about another 10 minutes.
5. Serve over anything you enjoy; as shown in the photo above, we had this sauce over a bed of rice and some wild salmon.
Please Rate This