- Health Concerns
- Easy Healthy Recipes
- Mobility Exercises
You are here
Spiced Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Posted by Dr. Ben Kim on Mar 05, 2015
If you're after a mouthful of flavour that your loved ones won't forget, you have to give this lovely soup a try. Rich in vitamin C, carotenoids, and vitamin B-6, this spiced sweet potato and cauliflower soup will fill you up and nourish and protect every organ system you own.
Many thanks to Breanna for sharing the following with us.
2 medium sweet potatoes
1/2 head cauliflower
2-3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup water
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
1. Gather all ingredients. Wash, peel, and chop sweet potatoes into uniform-sized pieces, and set aside.
2. Wash and chop cauliflower into florets, and combine with sweet potatoes.
3. Peel and chop garlic.
4. Add two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil and garlic to a large stock pot over medium heat. Saute garlic until fragrant and lightly browned - approximately 5 minutes.
5. Add sweet potatoes and cauliflower to the pot, mixing to coat the vegetables in garlic and olive oil.
6. Once vegetables are coated in oil, add spices, and stir again to ensure even coating.
7. Cook vegetables for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Add 1 cup coconut milk and 1 cup water to stock pot. You can always add more liquid for a lighter soup, but it's best to do this after soup is cooked through.
9. Turn the temperature to low and cover pot. The soup should simmer for at least an hour to allow the vegetables to soften.
10. The next steps are up to you. Pour soup into a blender or food processor for a creamier consistency - you can also add more water if the soup is too thick. Once you are satisfied with the consistency, it's time to taste the soup - spices can be added, or if the soup is too spicy, it can be garnished with extra coconut milk, or even apple sauce to add a bit of sweetness.
Enjoy this spiced sweet potato and cauliflower soup.
Many thanks to Breanna for sharing this recipe with us.
Please Rate This